Where do you get your investment info from?

• Are there specific blogs, groups, forums that you follow to get your updates or general information on all types of investments?

Which of your investment platforms (or FAs) send info to you, and do you consume such info?

• @yingyme said in Where do you get your investment info from?:

Are there specific blogs, groups, forums that you follow to get your updates or general information on all types of investments?

Which of your investment platforms (or FAs) send info to you, and do you consume such info?

From library, internet, experts (be very surprise at how willing they are to share) and also from the trading platforms

• @yingyme

Best info: Reading the news and studying respective Company's financial infos (try KLSE Screener app, if you are from Malaysia), studying various blogs, and come into a conclusion.

Second best: Word of mouths from colleagues (since we're all in financial industry, the info is kinda creditable), forums (depend on who posted)

Not really good info: Word of mouth from friends and family who lack of financial knowledge, blindly following a random post in FB, blog or any social media without verifying the info.

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have a specific blog, groups or forums :/ But as mentioned above, if you are from FSMY, you may try KLSE Screener app.

• @lipozami thanks! Unforch I'm investing with Funding Societies in Singapore only.

My FA sends a weekly digest but when she sells me an investment, it needed a 30-year monthly commitment of ~$500 of which I very kindly declined. Too high commitment for me!

I've signed up for fundsupermart recently and their e-newsletter is sent daily.

Do you read everything from the platforms you subscribe?

• @yingyme said in Where do you get your investment info from?:

@lipozami thanks! Unforch I'm investing with Funding Societies in Singapore only.

My FA sends a weekly digest but when she sells me an investment, it needed a 30-year monthly commitment of ~$500 of which I very kindly declined. Too high commitment for me!

I've signed up for fundsupermart recently and their e-newsletter is sent daily.

Do you read everything from the platforms you subscribe?

It is 180k in total if you took your FA offer. What is the return and what is the investment vehicles?

• @yingyme No, I don't normally read the things i subscribed unless occasionally they have a very catchy title. I normally browse the news during my free time, and read the news that concerned me.

OMG, 30-year monthly commitment >< just curious, is it some kind of insurance saving scheme? O.o

• @lipozami YES, ILP! My colleague told me, "ILP is like dog shit + cow shit mixed togther". classsiccc.

My FA was selling the fund by dropping names (just facebook actually). haha faith lost in humanity.

Uploaded the PDFs for your reference:

1_1535506952762_FUNDSMITH EQUITY FUND FEEDER.pdf

0_1535506952758_AXA PULSAR.pdf

• @yingyme I hardly read anything from the FSM newsletter. In fact, the purpose of investing in unit trusts is to let the fund manager to do the work, and myself only look at the bigger picture. Remember I paid him in exchange of myself spending the time to do it myself. And also UT has lower entry costs in order to achieve a certain level of diversity and get exposure to foreign market.

As for my own Malaysian Stock portfolio, I do keep track on the companies I invested in via KLSE screener website as well as i3investors just to look at the news (avoid looking at the forum, most of them have their own agenda, even a prominent investor Mr. Koon YY).

Then I also skim through The Edge Financial Daily in the morning for the headlines. Otherwise, if you spend a ten minute listening to BFM's news in the morning, you would have get most of the headlines anyway, then you can decide what you want to read more and google it.

• The Fifth Person for stock investing. Fifthperson.com They attend AGM and publish the highlights.

I do not subscribe to their research service (Alpha Lab). But I have paid up to learn and apply their Dividend Machines system (fundamentally logical and worth it in my option). They have other strategies too like value investing but my focus is passive income.

• Funding Societies

This forum helps a lot to get some info around alternative investments.
    Other than that, I subscribe to seedly & some relevant telegram groups.

@jomni the fifth person is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks for sharing @jomni . The name of your website triggered a thought that I wanted to share another website that I came across recently.

Its called 4th Way - Interesting website, different from crowdfundtalks (no forum) but provides very similar learning articles

https://www.4thway.co.uk/learn-info/

• Funding Societies

@DC Just took a look at 4th way. Thanks a lot for sharing. So much useful information in it. Highly focused on UK market, but the principles can be applied to all P2P lending companies.

Looks like your connection to Crowdfund Talks | A Community for P2P Lending & Alternative Investments was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.