Introduce Yourself!

• Funding Societies

Hello!

My name is Yi Sheng and I just joined Funding Societies this week as a Data Analyst. Prior to joining, I've worked in a port operating firm for 3 years as a business analyst. Looking forward to learning from and with the community at FS.

Cheers,
    YS

• Hi everyone,

Terry here from Penang. I'm just a regular investor not having any work experience in the business or financial sector. I have invested in most of the fields which a lot of you guys pointed out here (FD's, Property, REITS, Bursa, ASM, Insurance, Unit Trust, Money Game(s) etc.)

Most of my decisions to invest is these fields are by reading blogs, advice online and certain financial savy friends. My investment history has been bittersweet with some great returns and some total loses also.

I'm new to P2P investment and have been paying more attention on this particular field of late. I believe Malaysia still have ways to go in this particular segment of investing. Hope the FS will continue to grow in the future and most important that we as investors make some money. LOL.

Cheers.

• Hi all!

My name is Bernadette & I'm the Chief of Staff at Funding Societies. I'm excited to hear more from all our investors on how we can better solve problems, and deliver you the best P2P investing experience possible. Hope to hear from many of you soon :)

• Funding Societies

@wakeng Hey, welcome to crowdfund talks. Glad to have some one here with experience in so many different investment assets. Hope to hear and learn more from you. With support from investors like yourself, FS will continue to grow and deliver world-class investing experiences to users. Considering you are new to P2P financing, this thread would be a good start. Do give it a read. https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/112/discuss-people-who-currently-invest-in-have-invested-in-p2p-financing-what-are-your-top-tips/

@berny @yisheng-ong Welcome guys! Glad to see so many FS folks joining the community. I'm sure our investors would love to hear more from you! Feel free to jump in on any threads which might be relevant to you, as well as create any interesting topic threads! #powerOfCommunity

• Hi!

I'm Samuel and I am an avid investor! I frequently invest in stocks as I perform plenty of fundamental analysis on my job. I've always felt that I needed investments with shorter investment horizons as most of my exposures were long-term - and that was how I was introduced to Moolahsense and Funding Societies.

Last year, I've managed to hit 14% and 8% net returns on Moolahsense and Funding Societies respectively! But I have also found out that the 2 platforms have very much differing underlying risks. Hence, this has inspired me to start working on an analytical tool to assess the repayment patterns of my various borrowers. Hope to contribute to the community and give my take on the creditworthiness of the different borrowers! 😊

• Community Manager

@samjhyip Hey Samuel, welcome! :) it's really awesome to know that you have set clear goals which has shaped, and will continue shaping your progress as an avid investor. What do you work as?

But I have also found out that the 2 platforms have very much differing underlying risks.

Hence, this has inspired me to start working on an analytical tool to assess the repayment patterns of my various borrowers.

This is motivating to read! Curious to know more about the tool too - I believe fellow investor @jomni also has a strong interest in doing so as well! You might want to check the topic he started.

Feel free to also start a new topic if you'd like :)

Cheers!

• @kaeley-wn said in Introduce Yourself:

@samjhyip Hey Samuel, welcome! :) it's really awesome to know that you have set clear goals which has shaped, and will continue shaping your progress as an avid investor. What do you work as?

But I have also found out that the 2 platforms have very much differing underlying risks.

Hence, this has inspired me to start working on an analytical tool to assess the repayment patterns of my various borrowers.

This is motivating to read! Curious to know more about the tool too - I believe fellow investor @jomni also has a strong interest in doing so as well! You might want to check the topic he started.

Feel free to also start a new topic if you'd like :)

Cheers!

I'm currently working in one of the big 4! thanks for the tip!

• Financial Bloggers

Hi!

Leigh here from Dividend Magic. Introduced to the site via @raymondtan 's AMA.
    Psyched to have found such a community!

Still not used to the reply functions of the forum so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.

I invest mainly in stocks in the KLSE, property and most recently in Funding Societies MY.
    Really good experience and returns so far. Last I checked, it was at 13.18%.

Happy to meet everyone and looking forward to being part of the community!

• Community Manager

Hello Leigh, welcome Leigh! (Y)

Great to have you on board. Love how you encapsulate stock investing in easily read yet comprehensive articles.

Looking forward to learning more from you here, and we hope you'll have fun bouncing ideas with the community (maybe even gathering some inspiration for future articles while at it)! :)

• Financial Bloggers

@kaeley-wn

Looking forward to it!
    Thanks for the kind words bout the site =D
    And! It isn't only bout stocks, P2P and Funding Societies is on there as well. Got a new one on FS coming soon too.

Glad to be onboard the p2p train!

• Hello! I've been a bit of a lurker, but I've really enjoyed reading the threads in this community and learned so much from everyone here.

My primary investments have been unit trusts and individual stocks for quite a number of years, but I've been shifting away from UTs because of the crazy fees involved and leaning more towards stocks and alternative investments like P2P lending of late. I recently started diversifying further by dipping my investment toes into StashAway too.

I'm somewhat fascinated with the FIRE community, and although I wouldn't describe myself as living a hardcore, Mr. Money Mustache-type lifestyle (you gotta live a little, right?), I am prioritising saving over 50% of my income and channeling most of it towards investments to maximise my passive income streams.

I've got so much to learn and look forward to soaking up as much as I can (and hopefully sharing my experiences along the way) from all of you :)

• Hello @chictrader ! (: Happy to hear that you're enjoying the threads as much as I do myself! Similar thoughts regarding the FIRE community, had to admit that I do enjoy pampering myself once in a while, as much as I do in saving/earning.

Do feel comfortable to share about your own experiences or any doubt you have with the community! Check out more about alternative financing here. We are excited to here what you have to share (:

• @2387581 Agree with you. Should share the knowledge to more people. Many people is biased to so called investment as a fraud or scam. I am trying to promote them plan for their future or retirement. Help them bringing interest on investment either is Stocks, REIT or P2P. (I do this for free coz i believe at the same time i can learn more.)

• My name is Novex. My only objective for now is to achieve passive income that could support the rest of my life :P I do believe investment is the core key to achieve this plan. P2P crowdfund is part of my plan and is very easy to participate as a rookies beginner. Look forward to make more friends in here. Stay Peace!!

• Financial Bloggers

@dividendmagic hello bro

• Financial Bloggers

Hi All,

Im Raymond from Black Belt Millionaire
    Im a financial blogger, former MMA fighter, MMA gym owner & working a 9-5 job in Penang

• Hi, this is Judy. I'm currently launching a project on Kickstarter.
    Appreciate it if Any feedback or advice, Link: https://kck.st/2FKUS07
    Please feel free to contact me if any marketing opportunities.
    [email protected]
    Looking forward to learning more about crowdfunding knowledge here!

• Community Manager

@judy-l Hello Judy! Welcome, and thanks for sharing. :)

Nice to meet you - where are you based btw?

• Hello everyone. I am Alex and currently working as a Hotel Manager.
    I was introduced to FS last Nov by one of my friends which we invest in crypto together.
    My primary investment currently is FD/properties and abit of crypto. I hope to increase my passive income to achieve financial freedom by opening myself to different opportunities.

• Community Manager

@alexlee101 Hey there Alex, welcome! Great to be hearing from you. Your goals sound really familiar - many of us seem to be here for similar reasons :)

Have fun exploring!

• @kaeley-wn We're based in US.

• Funding Societies

@alexlee101 Welcome to cftalks! Great to have you here!
    Passive returns & financial freedom are something which a lot of our forum members strive towards.
    This could be an interesting thread for you!
    https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/311/progress-success-thread-for-crowdfund-talks

• Funding Societies

Hello everyone! Enen here, (pronounce as en-en). I'm part of the CX team in FSMY. It's my first time serving in a financial services company, so far it's been fun and interesting! I love meeting new people and cafe hopping! :D Also, I am keen to know and help with anything related to our investors and investors' experiences here in FS.

• @enentan said in Introduce Yourself:

Hello everyone! Enen here, (pronounce as en-en). I'm part of the CX team in FSMY. It's my first time serving in a financial services company, so far it's been fun and interesting! I love meeting new people and cafe hopping! :D Also, I am keen to know and help with anything related to our investors and investors' experiences here in FS.

Hi En-en! Just curious, I mean just really want to confirm to avoid mistakes.. it En-en instead of E-nen right? The pronunciation is something like "Ng-Ng" or "N-N". Sorry if the question is abit too weird.

• Funding Societies

@lipozami haha no worries! I get that a lot. :D The pronunciation should be "ern-ern" with the silent 'r'.

• @vamsi7 I Ramesh BN, is the founder of http://puppipay.com . I launched this app few days ago. It uses DASH blockchain. To increase it acceptance among users, planning to raise funds in future.

• Community Manager

@ramesh-bn Awesome stuff Ramesh! Welcome to the community, glad to have you here. :) Which country are you based at currently?

• @kaeley-wn I am based out of Bangalore, in India.

• Contributor

@loh said in Introduce Yourself:

Loh, entrepreneur for over 20 years turn student pursuing Master degree at the moment to prepare career shifting from corporate to academia. Currently working as freelance too as Business Adviser in Merger and Acquisition.

Current investment profile spreads across local and foreign company stocks, REITs, P2P, Unit Trust, Paper Gold, FD, and US Paper Property.

Financial aim is to generate passive income to achieve financial freedom allowing me to pursue my passion of helping others, whether though clinical, research, association, education and charity.

Experience in investment, still at initial learning stages and seeking financial gurus for guidance.

One of the best and most specific goals I have seen in recent years. Hope you achieve your goals and help us get to ours too! :)

• Hi everyone, Singaporean here, have been investing with FS SG for 5 months now, as well as StashAway. Here to learn more about local alternative investments as well as cross-border opportunities. I see that the community contains a mix of people from both Malaysia and Singapore, that's pretty interesting!

Given that I've just started out, my passive income goal is to make at least $100 per month on average, that endures for 6 months. Hope no one laughed πŸ˜† (I see many expert investors here). It will definitely increase after I've developed a stronger income base to take more risks.

Within the next few months, I will be:

• Investing on Malaysian P2P Platforms (after due diligence & research)
    • Buying my first bond
    • Investing in my first REIT

Looking forward to broadening and deepening my knowledge here.

• Emergent

@webnomad welcome. We all have to start somewhere.

• Community Manager

@webnomad Welcome to the community! πŸŽ‰

Yes you're right, we're like another connecting bridge between SG and MY πŸ™‚

Great goals you've got there btw - $100 should be a good figure to work towards as you get started with the different opportunities there are; make your investment decisions wisely! Feel free to post any questions within the specific categories if you need help from the other helpful folks we've got here! :)

• Community Manager

• @webnomad Welcome! Not laughing, because that's me too.

• Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. πŸ’œ Excited to learn more!!

• Community Manager

@mastrich said in Introduce Yourself:

@webnomad Welcome! Not laughing, because that's me too.

go for it

• Funding Societies

@Weina hi, nice to meet you

• Community Manager

@stevenarmandlee Hey Steven, welcome ~ πŸ‘‹

• Funding Societies

Hello all, I’m Steven Lee, I work as a writer, write code for the iOS apps :).

If any of you are also an iOS developer and go to iOS Dev Scout, you might have seen me before (in fact I was the winner for the quiz in March 2019 meetup 😬). You might see me give talks in the future as well 🀫.

Interesting facts about me:

• It takes me 7 hours to go back to my hometown (actually it’s only 193km based on Google Maps)
    • currently the youngest full-timer in the Singapore Office (maybe I should find out who is the youngest in the company)
    • I asked my girlfriend out on the lobby of our current office building (before I started working in Funding Societies) 😬.
    • I can finish KFC Bucket of 12 pieces chicken all by myself.
    • tricked @kaeley-wn that I was from Mongolia
    • I have never seen snow in real life πŸ˜”.

Cheers,
    Steven Lee.

• Community Manager

@stevenarmandlee What would the topic of your first talk be? 🀫🀫

• Hey everyone, Cass here! I am the new community engagement manager at CoAssets and I would like to formally introduce myself as I am also new to this platform. πŸ˜†

In CoAssets,I have found passion in building online communities and serving people within these communities.

Outside of CoAssets, I enjoy travelling, meeting new people and playing sports. My favourite has got to be Touch Rugby!

In regards to CoAssets, I am aware that some people here are curious about the kind of projects that CoAssets has and I would be delighted to answer any of your queries. I look forward to interacting with everyone here in this wonderful community! 😊

• Hi All, my name is Khanh. I'm a software engineer. I have the same goal as many others here, financial freedom and retire earlier. I invest US stock, Singapore REIT, and P2P Lending (only FS so far). I started invested 2 years ago and looking forward to learning more from our community.

Cheers,
    Khanh

• @stevenarmandlee nice to meet you. Where is your hometown btw?

• Hello all! I'm Valerie.

It's been ages since I've joined an online forum, but this one seems to have pretty insightful and targeted info and there's a lot of investing tips I can spot. I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here in this community.

Cheers 😊

• Community Manager

Welcome to the community, Cassandra, Khanh & Valerie (our 3651st member)! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Hoping your stay here has been worthwhile, & looking forward to interacting with you soon ;)

• @kaeley-wn said in Introduce Yourself!:

Hey everyone! Glad to be part of the fun crowd!

I'm Weina and I've just joined the product team at FS! Have always been intrigued by:

β€’ How different individuals make their portfolio decisions
    β€’ How much time as an investment they commit to honing their knowledge in the field/due diligence
    β€’ Who they'd usually hear from, in whose opinions do they trust regarding financial decisions
    β€’ How adventurous they choose to be in making alternative investments

Would be exciting to hear from you guys regarding the above! :)

Looking forward to learning and sharing, having both technical and light-hearted conversations with everyone.

Hi past @kaeley-wn from current me :)

• @raymondtan said in Introduce Yourself!:

Hi All,

Im Raymond from Black Belt Millionaire
    Im a financial blogger, former MMA fighter, MMA gym owner & working a 9-5 job in Penang

Hey @raymondtan . Didn’t know you were in this gym forum too.

• @vamsi7 said in Introduce Yourself!:

Dear crowdfunders,

We have long wanted to get to know each and every one of our awesome community members better! Introduce yourself on this post and tell us who you are, and what you expect to get out of this forum. Doing so helps other members and admins to give you advice on how to get started with the forum, to achieve your goals.

To get started:

1. Go ahead and introduce yourself. Say hello to two other people over here while you're at it! (PS: Uploading your profile picture makes other users instantly recognize who you are and associate to your posts much faster)
    2. Share your experiences in the investing landscape. If you have no prior experience, share what you are curious to know about!
    3. We welcome you to share what else interests you and topics that you would love to find out more!
    4. Last but not least, have fun!

PS: Don't forget to invite your friends who can benefit from the community.

1. Hey CrowdFundTalks community. Stev here from http://mypf.my/about/team#stev ; I’m also a licensed financial planner & the CKO of a Malaysian financial advisory firm. (Did I make you google?)

2. I started investing in my teens with my 1st drug investment being UT (remember the good ol’ days?!) I have been investing for counts fingers 2 decades now. I try to hold a diverse all weather portfolio consisting of equities, property, fixed income, & a small % of alternate investments (ie P2P, gold, crypto).

3. I’m passionate about making personal finances simple & helping people grow (especially financially). [Just don’t ask me for money or hot tips. ahah...]

4. Okies tap dances off

Looks like your connection to Crowdfund Talks | A Community for P2P Lending & Alternative Investments was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.