Introduce Yourself!

• Funding Societies

Dear crowdfunders,

We have long wanted to get to know each and every one of our awesome community members better! Introduce yourself on this post and tell us who you are, and what you expect to get out of this forum. Doing so helps other members and admins to give you advice on how to get started with the forum, to achieve your goals.

To get started:

1. Go ahead and introduce yourself. Say hello to two other people over here while you're at it! (PS: Uploading your profile picture makes other users instantly recognize who you are and associate to your posts much faster)
    2. Share your experiences in the investing landscape. If you have no prior experience, share what you are curious to know about!
    3. We welcome you to share what else interests you and topics that you would love to find out more!
    4. Last but not least, have fun!

PS: Don't forget to invite your friends who can benefit from the community.

• I am an employee, middle age married with a kid. I came across P2P Lending when reading a Financial Time article, then started reading more and register around CNY, now, an investor for FS - MY, SG & ID.

1. For FS - MY, quite time consuming to register, I started a few investments.
    2. For FS - SG, fairly easy to register, fund managed to reach SG this week, auto investment set.
    3. For FS - ID, very easy to register, done at wee hour this morning, next step of course is to figure out how to transfer fund.

My view, P2P Lending is a way to diversify from shares, REIT and unit trust investment thus I glad I found a vehicle to diversify.

Moving forward, I hope that:

1. FS could persistently filter issuers carefully, and
    2. Has an option in auto invest allow investors to avoid invest to same issuers with difference notes.

Lastly, I trust, if we have P2P Lending 20 years ago, I already achieved financial independent by now.

Thank you FS, keep up the good work.

• Contributor

@horkh Very interesting background.
    May I please ask you a few questions.
    Do you also invest in any p2p companies other than FS? If yes, how do they compare against each other?
    How's your portfolio like? do you invest in shares, REITs etc also? How do you diversify?
    How did you send your funds to SG from MY?

1. I also tried Quickash, FinPal and Fundaztic, later might try Crowdo. Coz my P2P lending history barely one month old, I better refrain from making any comparison till I really understand what am I actually doing.
    2. REIT roughly same amount as share, yes, I did not purposely diversify, just invest here and there then now become roughly equal.
    3. Send using online bank , if you invest in foreign countries, besides repayment risk, you are also expose to currency risk and platform risk, please beware.

• Allow me to chime in. I am a graduate architect employed in a professional architectural consultancy practice (I welcome business if you want to build a new house or a development).

I began my investment journey two years ago, starting with small amount at unit trusts, and during mid-2017 I have expanded to P2P lending with Funding Societies alone, and at the same time started stock investment.

With my interest in designing buildings, I wish I could achieve financial freedom on the side, so I can continue doing what I love to do, because, well, architecture is a lowly paid profession. I hope Malaysian generally can instil financial knowledge in the younger generation since they attend kindergarten, because I realised this late, and has wasted 29 years of my life (turning 30 this year) without any investment. I regret every single day for have not started investment journey earlier in my life.

• Hi all, new to the platform as well. I am a University Undergraduate looking to build my passive income from the early onset to enjoy greater returns in the future.

I started investing in equities and ETFs but have started to explore the alternative investment space (P2P lending) as well as cryptocurrency. Looking forward to learn more from the community here and grow as a more knowledgable investor.

• @jonhan
    Just now, I saw a gentlemen by the name of evenu mentioned about "InstaReM", I will try it next time coz traditional bank TT to SG is very expensive, besides Myr10.60 local bank charges, there are S$20 charged by receiving bank.

• My name is Steven. I am an employee, middle age married with two kids. I came across P2P Lending from facebook and register around last year October. Right now, I am an investor for FS - MY and FZ.

I like FZ ease registration and love FS for high-interest rate.

My view, P2P Lending is a way to diversify from shares, REIT and unit trust investment thus I glad I found a vehicle to diversify. I wish I expand to FS -SG and ID.

Moving forward, I hope that:

I hope we have faster turn around for deposit.

Thank you FS, keep up the good work.

• @2387581 Better late than never I guess. Honestly, I think 30 is not too late to start.
    Also, I saw your website. The building designs look good. :D
    The website design can be improved though. :)

• Loh, entrepreneur for over 20 years turn student pursuing Master degree at the moment to prepare career shifting from corporate to academia. Currently working as freelance too as Business Adviser in Merger and Acquisition.

Current investment profile spreads across local and foreign company stocks, REITs, P2P, Unit Trust, Paper Gold, FD, and US Paper Property.

Financial aim is to generate passive income to achieve financial freedom allowing me to pursue my passion of helping others, whether though clinical, research, association, education and charity.

Experience in investment, still at initial learning stages and seeking financial gurus for guidance.

• @rajni123 thank you for spending time to check out my website. I have not update the content for a while. The website though, is an ancient content management system which is free. I am by no means an expert in website designing nor see the need to use one as I do not solicit business primarily from the website. When the time comes, perhaps I will get some help for a revamp.

• Financial Bloggers

Hi. Legal background. Feel like Malaysians are always complaining about the limited wealth that they own but ignore the importance of saving, investing and reinvesting, which are the starting blocks of wealth. So I write about investing on https://bursagoinglong.com/ to create awareness that investing is simple and comprehensible for everyone.

Invests in equities, unit trusts, bonds, and P2P. Would like to invest more in P2P in 2018 to diversify.

• Funding Societies

@bursagoinglong Welcome to the forum. Your blog is quite interesting. But I couldn't find a Subscribe or a RSS feed button on the blog. How can I get new posts on your blog to my email?

• Financial Bloggers

@vamsi7 . I've added the follow blog by email option. Thank you.

• Contributor

Hello all, :)
    Kelv here, started FS MY in Dec2017 and later started FS SG in Feb2018. I am in Engineering industry.

• Funding Societies

@bursagoinglong thanks.
    @ktinvest welcome to crowdfund talks. How is your experience so far in the community?

• Contributor

Community here? Well, informative. It could be more lively. ;)

• Funding Societies

@ktinvest haha yes, the forum was launched with the hope that it can build a network of investors who can make better investment decisions together, and create a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Having more members participating will definitely help achieve that vision. Do help spread the word with your friends / family who can benefit from this community. Lets grow the forum together. :)

• I started investing in earnest (in stocks, ETF, REITs and Mutual Funds) beginning 2007. Enjoyed exceptionally good returns right off the bat, but suffered heavy loses in 2008. Thankfully, I didn't give up, and have continuously ploughed all my savings into, mostly, value stocks. In 2014, I left my paid employment (I was a VP at a sovereign wealth fund) with the view of setting up an investment partnership -- which, alas, I never managed to do until very recently. (Was distracted with some work I did, assisting a few charitable foundations run by friends. Plus, I was having too much fun raising my two young kids.)

I was familiar with KIVA and Kickstarter, but became aware of P2P lending only recently through a friend. Since then I have invested -- besides FSMY, FSSG and MDK -- in Fundaztic (Malaysia), Linked Finance (Ireland), Fellow Finance (Finland), Mintos (Latvia), and Funding Secure (UK). I did this partly to diversity, and partly for the learning experience.

I have advanced degrees in Engineering and Foreign Affairs. I have also done coding every now and then to kill monotony.

• Funding Societies

@evenu Welcome to the community. You are pretty well known here, and you got nominations for our awards as well. I read your posts with great interest. Very insightful.

We had a call once before too. I remember we discussed a few strategies on auto invest and other features on Funding Societies.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

• Ex-banker, currently enjoying my early retirement. 10+ year investment experience, current portfolio with Cash, Forex, Malaysia Share and Malaysia P2P. I have accounts in all 5 P2P platform except Nusa Kapital.

• Funding Societies

@JJ7102 wow amazing.! welcome to the forum.
    you should do your own AMA haha.!

• @vamsi7 LOL, not qualified.

• @jj7102 give us some insights on the 5 P2P platforms that you're investing in, in terms of comparison.. also, would you mind to share some secrets on your achievement of early retirement?

• Employee here, just started to invest in share market few months back and recently being expose to this P2P platform which i think can further diversify the investment here. Looking forward to learn the sifu here.

ps: But why my account yet been activated since i registered from Monday.

• @josephyiong I can just share my own observation for these 5 P2P platform.

Alixco & Quickash have not been very active. Alixco notes usually funded by 1 or 2 person which make me hesitated to invest although I have account there, they seems unable to attract investors and when funding period towards the end will have 1 investor took the note. My personally view is may be they wanted to show good fulfillment rate, so ... To be honest, to me, their notes quality not bad and they did provide good info about the investment notes borrower for reference.

Quickash from register to invest all using app, very convenient, There is no web option. Not many notes so far, nothing much to comment.

B2BFinpal is one of the active platform. Their notes always being funded within seconds. I like their invoice financing, but even I set auto invest option most of the time still unable to get. I have checked the reason, their arithmetic sequence follow highest un-funded percentage. So if I do not leave high amount of fund in the account, I will not be on the top of the list. Their customer service just informed me today said they just change their setting, see how then. I love their customer service. Very responsive and able to answer most of my inquiries promptly and clearly. But they are using whatapps as main channel, which I feel a bit weird. I have 4 concern about this platform:

1. they provide limited information about the borrowing company.
    2. No information about platform performance.
    3. Their auto invest setting has risk of concentration because it is a very simple filtering setting
    4. Lately their notes mainly from repetitive borrowers.

Fundaztics seems target on micro financing. Their borrowing company uploaded their own business plan, those information is very "subjective", not much financial information. There is no way to use financial ratio to judge the good or bad of the company. I sometime also not agree with the company grading and PD% determined by this platform. I like their system, easy to use, especially deposit system. I love FPX.

Funding Societies, LOL, a lot of info can find in this forum, spend some time to read.

• Contributor

Hello,

I am Edward, i see FS as a good source of alternative income. I hope to established this as a long term alternative income

• hello! Ying here, started investing with Funding Societies in Singapore last year in September. Am a newbie, so started small with FS.

@2387581 I was also an archi grad haha! but never got into the field except for internships. I think 60% of my batch mates are now doing stuff outside of archi. lol. Now my passion is marketing and events :)

• Financial Bloggers

@jj7102 once a banker, always a banker. still lending money :D

• @bursagoinglong yes, becoming a nature already. :)

• Contributor

@jj7102 said in Introduce Yourself:

@josephyiong I can just share my own observation for these 5 P2P platform.

Alixco & Quickash have not been very active. Alixco notes usually funded by 1 or 2 person which make me hesitated to invest although I have account there, they seems unable to attract investors and when funding period towards the end will have 1 investor took the note. My personally view is may be they wanted to show good fulfillment rate, so ... To be honest, to me, their notes quality not bad and they did provide good info about the investment notes borrower for reference.

Quickash from register to invest all using app, very convenient, There is no web option. Not many notes so far, nothing much to comment.

B2BFinpal is one of the active platform. Their notes always being funded within seconds. I like their invoice financing, but even I set auto invest option most of the time still unable to get. I have checked the reason, their arithmetic sequence follow highest un-funded percentage. So if I do not leave high amount of fund in the account, I will not be on the top of the list. Their customer service just informed me today said they just change their setting, see how then. I love their customer service. Very responsive and able to answer most of my inquiries promptly and clearly. But they are using whatapps as main channel, which I feel a bit weird. I have 4 concern about this platform:

1. they provide limited information about the borrowing company.
    2. No information about platform performance.
    3. Their auto invest setting has risk of concentration because it is a very simple filtering setting
    4. Lately their notes mainly from repetitive borrowers.

Fundaztics seems target on micro financing. Their borrowing company uploaded their own business plan, those information is very "subjective", not much financial information. There is no way to use financial ratio to judge the good or bad of the company. I sometime also not agree with the company grading and PD% determined by this platform. I like their system, easy to use, especially deposit system. I love FPX.

Funding Societies, LOL, a lot of info can find in this forum, spend some time to read.

Great analysis. But their auto invest algorithm doesn't seem so fair though. Making rich people richer lol.

• @jj7102 thanks for sharing. Agree on the part you mentioned about FPX. FS has assured us something is on the way, but since almost a year ago. Let's see what they will do abt this.

• Hey everyone, I am currently a student who is interested in investments and the financial industry (Particularly FinTech), I am still fairly new to everything related to investments and am looking forward to learning and exploring more in this field! Really just here to discuss more about the different topics and learn as much as I can!

• Hey everyone, Sara here. Am a uni undergrad in Singapore and will be graduating in 1.5 years. I looked up abit on investments and found crowdfunding to have the lowest barrier to entry, so want to find out more before I start my first investment. All sorts of advice are welcome! (:

• Hi there, I am currently working in a REIT management company under finance and my job function is managing mall rental collection matters. I'm interested in investment and discovered FS since Aug'17 and have been actively investing in this platform thus far. Would love to hear more about investment ideas and discuss how do we plan our passive income for our future. =)

• Contributor

I realised that I gave a crap introduction for myself.

Hi all, I am an ex-banker from various banks. I am currently a full-time risk manager and a part-time "Fund Manager" where I manage my own fund. The amount that I am currently managing may not be a lot. I will be expecting myself to bring in more capital in 2018 so my funding business is on an expansion mode.

I treated the fund as if it is my company and my business (To the point that it even has a name) so every transaction had been recorded and the performance will be reviewed with the KPI set.

I am pleased with the existence of P2P platform where we can participate lending which is traditionally reserved for the financial institutions. It allows me to form up my funding portfolio equity and lending. I have a friend who became blind recently joining this p2p lending venture. (I term it as a joint venture) to allow him to have a source of passive income. The fund which I used for him comes from the previous business venture we have done. So no additional input needed from him.

In the future, I will likely to add on day trading. With that in place, I hope to raise my current year growth by 15% from last year.

My dream will be to eventually quit my day job to concentrate on managing my funds and multiple sources of passive income and to work with other people to turn their dreams into reality.

• Funding Societies

@Bendahara welcome to crowdfund talks.
    I think we have one more ex-banker on the forum. @alexktn

@josephyiong welcome!
    Do you invest in REITs yourself?

• Joined FS - ID two years with some amount of money. Received a good return and now expand to FS - SG with small amount of money. I guess there are a lot of investor at FS - SG so that it is always completed just a few hour for lending opportunity.

• @vamsi7 Can you please advise what is REIT? How to invest in REIT? What will be the benefit and potential risk on this investment? Thanks.

• Emergent

Hi all,

Banker / Risk Manager in Singapore. I'm not a Credit person though. :)
    Investments are mostly geared towards passive income. Equities, REIT, Unit Trust, Crowdfunding (FS and CM).

• Emergent

@roy-anthony said in Introduce Yourself:

@vamsi7 Can you please advise what is REIT? How to invest in REIT? What will be the benefit and potential risk on this investment? Thanks.

REIT (real estate investment trust) - shares where you participate in earnings from a portfolio of rental properties. REIT can be bought and sold in the stock market. Potential risks would be related to the real estate market in general. Decreasing rental income, low occupancy, mismanaged properties.

• Contributor

@jomni

You have a close profile like mine except I am an ex banker

• Funding Societies

@roy-anthony
    https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/103/real-estate-crowdfunding-vs-reit-investing

Hey roy, you can find more details on REITs in this thread. If you need more information, feel free to post in the above thread, as the people participating there are more involved in the REITs space.

• I am looking for talks on rate on returns

1. Hi crowdfund-ers! My name is Chee Chuan but you can call me Cheech for short haha! I recently graduated last year and am close to 2 months into my job as an engineer. :)

2. I am always keen to learn new stuff on the financial side of things. At the moment, my portfolio includes equities (small/mid cap and REITs), private retirement scheme (not sure if this counts as one), and P2P lending (fundaztic/FS). My short term goal would be to diversify into more areas like unit trusts, investment trusts (think of Schroders, etc.), crypto, and so on. Long term goal would be to have an online information product business coupled with some blogging I suppose.

3. I am always the curious individual who may seem to be asking stupid questions at times but I guess that's what keeps me going in life. There's just so many intriguing and awesome stuff to learn every single day and from every single person/situation!

Looking forward to insightful discussions in this forum and may we all achieve financial independence or any other goals which we have set!

• Funding Societies

@Cheechorito welcome to cf-talks.
    Great to have ambitious peeps like you here! We don't consider any question as stupid, so feel free to fire away.

• Hi all.

Happy to have found such a forum with so many interesting and knowledgeable members. Am a young accountant in the age of a sandwich generation - currently it's a large open-faced sandwich. Started looking into investments the last 5 years.

Despite my career choice, am actually risk adverse and have only been chasing FD promotions and dipping very lightly into paper gold, bonds and UTs. Have hesitated from share market as I am not one to jump in so readily without very thorough research (am very analytical to a fault). So P2P platforms comes as a boon - it's straightforward, lower volatility and higher interest earning than conventional FDs.

Planning to diversify with foreign P2P platforms in the near future, and always looking out for networks where I can get more knowledge of the investing world.

• Hi vamsi7 and thank you for your warm welcome.
    I'm PeterPan middle-aged Italian guy, long term passionate about finance and investments, recently I discovered the crowdfunding universe and I'm exploring it piece by piece :) (currently I have 10 accounts invested across Europe and Asia).

• Funding Societies

Hey guys, I’m Ben and I work on Data Analytics at FS. Our team is responsible for all the data related stuff for the company. We ensure that we can get clean accurate data and perform analysis to inform decision making in the company.

I am passionate about using behavioural science to help people to make better decisions for themselves. To that end, my reading list comprises of Dan Kahneman, Richard Thaler, Amos Tversky, Dan Ariely, Adam Grant and Angela Duckworth to name a few.

I am very excited to be part of a team that is collaborative and strives for innovation in financial services. Looking forward to getting involved in the community! Would love to hear your thoughts and exchange ideas so please feel free to reach out!

• Community Manager

Hey everyone! Glad to be part of the fun crowd!

I'm Weina and I've just joined the product team at FS! Have always been intrigued by:

• How different individuals make their portfolio decisions
    • How much time as an investment they commit to honing their knowledge in the field/due diligence
    • Who they'd usually hear from, in whose opinions do they trust regarding financial decisions
    • How adventurous they choose to be in making alternative investments

Would be exciting to hear from you guys regarding the above! :)

Looking forward to learning and sharing, having both technical and light-hearted conversations with everyone.

• Hi all! I'm new to the whole field of investment as I've only just started earning my keep. Still a newbie, still familiarising myself with different avenues of alternative finance and readily seeking information. I see many experienced folks here, hope to learn more with time. :) Any interesting introductory threads I should start from?

Also, any advice you guys have on where someone should put their first $500?

• @pot-folio hey welcome! Always nice to see a fella into alternative investing. It really depends on your risk tolerance :D

• Hello everyone! I am Medha Kinger and I have joined the FS team as a customer experience intern.
    I am passionate about making journeys memorable for everyone and thats exactly what I want to share with our investors. Look forward to keeping a very strong investor relation and ensuring that everyone has a great experience with FS.

• Funding Societies

Hi all, I'm Tom. Excited to have just joined FS as CX Manager!

This is the first fintech/finance company I have worked for, but I bring CS/CX experience from telecoms/utilities industries from Singapore, London and Melbourne. I’m dedicated to help us provide an outstanding customer experience. I have some personal experience in investing and trading – REITs, currency, but this only the start of my investment journey as I become more engaged with it each day.

• Emergent

Interesting to see various FS staff joining in the discussion.

• Community Manager

Yay! Welcome @pot-folio, @Medha-Kinger and @Tom-FS. Great to have you here!

@pot-folio Congrats on earning your first dollars! For a start you can consider taking a look at this thread. Contains nuggets of advice/top tips from fellow crowdfunders & could be easier to follow: https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/112/people-who-currently-invest-in-have-invested-in-p2p-financing-what-are-your-top-tips/33 Ask away on this thread if you have any queries!

Feel free to create a new thread if you'd like to start the ball rolling on a new topic!

@Medha-Kinger nice! Hoping your experience here would be memorable too. :) if you're interested, here's where you can find discussions on p2p; concerns and opinions: https://crowdfundtalks.com/category/3/investing-in-debt-crowdfunding-p2p-financing?page=1

@Tom-FS CS/CX for telecoms/utilities sounds intense haha. Looking forward to hearing from you on your personal experiences! :)

• Funding Societies

Welcome to all the new joiners.

@jomni haha glad you noticed. All the FS folks want to stay in close contact with the community here, so they join and help with any user queries & to receive feedback. Feel free to ask them anything you want to know more about.

For anyone who don't know where to begin, our awesome community manager @kaeley-wn has written a beginners thread to help new joiners. You can find it here. https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/233/new-to-crowdfund-talks-click-me

• Hi Gerald here.
    Learned about FS probably around aug last year, but finally registered and transferred funds last week (still waiting approval). I work in automotive industry, just married recently. Main interest, photography, crypto trading, birds nest ranching and some farming.
    My investment experience is nearly zero, planning to go stock market, but then decided to dive into crypto currencies instead. Still looking for ways to grow my funds.

Looking forward to learn from the seniors here.

• Community Manager

Hey @cybreed, welcome!

Congrats on your marriage!! That's a really interesting set of interests you've got. Am personally interested in photography as well, maybe you could share your page if any :)

Do check out https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/233/new-to-crowdfund-talks-click-me for an introduction on how what and where to navigate within the forum. Also, am sure we can learn a thing or two in crypto trading from you too!

• @kaeley-wn :D thanks for the warm welcome.

my outdated blog is linked in my profile. But now a days cool down already. Was spending way too much time and MONEY on a hobby.

• hello panda
    fresh grad here! studied finance in school but know nothing about actual investments. looking to learn about p2p here! did try out cryptocurrency whilst in school but i feel its too volatile at the moment. also looking at etfs and stocks but i'm just too lazy to study fundamental and technical analysis methods. anyways super interested in fintech! would like to know if anyone here did any practical blockchain projects / or built their own chatbot / started their own coin? haha

• Hey all!
    Am investigating investment options so that I can make my money work for me haha. Got words from my friend about p2p. That's how I stumbled upon all these. Doesn't have much experience yet tho, just testing the water everywhere. But so far compared to the other options, I feel that it's easier to invest in p2p as many of the platforms helped the investors do the screening and tabulate data into bite sizes. Looking forward to learn from the many sifus!

I have a passion in AI and my work revolves around it. Hoping one day I can have an AI startup too!

• Hello everyone! I'm excited to learn from the people here, as I can't seem to find another forum with a focus on p2p lending and crowdfunding. Interesting space. I've been investing with FS for around 4 months. Currently reading up on fintech and following news closely so I don't miss out. Fun fact about me... I love beer!

@maybewei introduced me to this forum and we've known each other for a decade.

• Hi everyone! I'm Samuel.

I've been investing and trading in various financial instruments such as equities, futures, options and FX for the past 6 years. I got to learn about crowdfunding through an event and liked the idea as it was relatively easier to understand and it can be a very useful instrument for portfolio diversification. Through this forum, I hope to learn more about the various experience investors go through during their crowdfunding journey.

• Hi everyone, I'm Jason. I've just joined the FS team as a Business Development intern. This is my first foray into investment too - as a law student, I've been increasingly interested in the tech and regulation that goes behind new fintech and investment options. I'm optimistic about the future of p2p lending and financing, and look forward to this returning to this forum to learn more!

• Hi guys, I'm Vyctoria here :) Yes, it's spelled as Vyc and No! It wasn't a typo on my birth cert!

I'm currently exploring different avenues for alternative income generation. Just finished up a book recently that mentioned that youth is your best investment. So I'm trying to expose myself to riskier investments that generate a higher return when I'm young and able to take the plunge. Heard of P2P lending recently from a news article from CHINA that it's gaining traction in the Global Markets so I'm trying to narrow down all the good and well established P2P companies in Singapore to get myself started.

Hoping to learn more from savvy veteran investors out there!

• Funding Societies

@VycNotVic Welcome again. This is a highly useful thread for people who are starting investing in p2p. Make sure you check it out.

https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/112/people-who-currently-invest-in-have-invested-in-p2p-financing-what-are-your-top-tips/

Another interesting thread here:
    https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/167/ask-me-anything-ama-with-kc-lau-malaysia-s-top-financial-blogger/

• @horkh u have to be pay withholding tax for SG interest income?

• @ong-wen-jun Yes, coz I am a non resident.

• Hello dear all bros & sisters, I'm Nick and I'm new in here, I started to invest FS MY since Oct 2017 introduced by one of my best friend, as he knows that I got money to invest but don't like on doing business, and he recommended me FS.

I wish to know more people who like to do invest and research about all these investments portfolio.

Thanks & Good Luck to you all. =)

• @vycnotvic hello! unique name there :) do you mind sharing the book and the article that you read? Am trying to find ways to convince my friends to start p2p lending as well haha

• @horkh yo did you try Crowdo in the end?

• @mignonlim I did.

• Funding Societies

@Ong-Wen-Jun Hey, welcome to cf talks.
    This might be interesting! https://crowdfundtalks.com/post/2423

@tingwk welcome! And thanks for the well wishes. I hope you connect with relevant investors & improve your portfolio together.!

@horkh Nice. how's your experience with crowdo so far?

• @mignonlim The article which I chanced upon was this "https://medium.com/getline-in/p2p-lending-market-in-numbers-the-getline-network-4299da9ad867", while the book I read was 'You're So Money: Live Rich, Even When You're Not'.

• Hi everyone, i am new here. Yesterday night just put in my deposit to FS.

I am a fresh graduate that been worked for around 1yr and 6months.

Thinking i should start doing small investment to have some passive income because I believe those money saved in bank will end up got spent on some unnecessary things so why not i use the money to do investment.

Hope to learn more from everyone here. Thanks

• Emergent

@clement-chen good move. Wish I started investing earlier. I only started in my Mid 30’s.

• @jomni because i find myself keep buying things previously. I have a bad self-discipline on buying new gadget. so must find something to control myself

• @clement-chen said in Introduce Yourself:

@jomni because i find myself keep buying things previously. I have a bad self-discipline on buying new gadget. so must find something to control myself

hi @Clement-Chen ! Welcome! I also have bad self-discipline when it comes to gadget. Luckily my wife keeps me in check recently hahaha

• @cybreed its good that there is some one keep u in check. Unfortunately, I have found one yet. hahahahah

• Funding Societies

@clement-chen said in Introduce Yourself:

Hi everyone, i am new here. Yesterday night just put in my deposit to FS.

I am a fresh graduate that been worked for around 1yr and 6months.

Thinking i should start doing small investment to have some passive income because I believe those money saved in bank will end up got spent on some unnecessary things so why not i use the money to do investment.

Hope to learn more from everyone here. Thanks

@Clement-Chen welcome to crowdfund talks. Looks like this AMA would be a right place to start when you are starting on your investment journey.

https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/315/live-now-personal-finance-ama-ask-me-anything-with-seedly-s-chief-content-creator-head-of-growth

• Hi Everyone~! I'm James.

I was introduced by a friend to join Funding Society.

I'm a Service Engineer and I find that FS is convenient and very innovative.

Thanks all for your sharing

• Community Manager

@xhaliant Welcome to the community, glad to have you here. :)

Your comment was well-received by the FS team!

• Funding Societies

Hi everyone! I'm Xianyang.

As a member of the Data Science team at FS, we have been aiding the loans underwriting process by identifying risky profiles to keep the defaults low for everyone!

I have been investing for the past three years in various assets such as Equities, FX and cryptos. I am optimistic about the future of P2P lending and I look forward to learning and sharing more on this forum.

• StashAway

Hi Everyone!
    I am Michele Ferrario.
    I am the husband of my beautiful and amazing wife Ludovica, the father of the 2 most amazing people on the planet Matteo and Agnese (I may be biased), and the Co-Founder and CEO of StashAway, a digital investing platform operating in Singapore (and soon in Malaysia!).

I am always happy to speak about investing, and I'd be happy to collaborate with this community to give more transparency to everyone (and my team may help me from time to time!!). I am also always happy to speak about entrepreneurship and lego bricks (that's my Saturday morning specialty!)!

I have just finished an AMA session at the following thread - thanks a lot for all the questions!
    https://crowdfundtalks.com/topic/354/alternative-investing-robo-advisory-ama-ask-me-anything-with-michele-ferrario-ceo-and-co-founder-of-stashaway-thursday-27th-september-8-30-9-30pm/

• Hi all,
    I am Zack

Mainly been investing in equities for a couple of years and use P2P and ETFs as a diversification tool.

Always happy to have a discussion on investing and mainly interested in behavioral finance.

• Hi All,

I'm from Banking Software Engineering industry. Started investing in FSMY at the end of May 2018 :D

• Funding Societies

@ZephyrLoh welcome to Cftalks.! How do you find the community so far! And do share what you are aiming to achieve here so we can help you connect with the right people and share the relevant sections of the forum!
    welcome

• @vamsi7, nothing much yet as I'm new to crowdfunding investment :D
    Learning from the PROs here

• Hi everyone,
    Lit here. A fairly newcomer to the fintech world from MY, invested in FZ in Aug. I find crowdfund talks a great place to learn from others - my time here has always been rewarding and informative. Now, I'm concentrating on growing my portfolio in FZ, and hope to venture into equity crowdfunding soon.

• Community Manager

@zephyrloh Great to have you here! :)

Ah, banking software engineering. Curious to know, how long have you been working in the banking industry!

• Community Manager

@lonerbydefault Welcome Lit! :)

Happy to hear that the content from the community has been useful for you. ECF is a different ball game (from P2P) indeed, do shout out anytime if you'd like to bounce ideas off anyone!

• @kaeley-wn. 8 years and I hope can retire at 10 years. Passive income is important :P
    During these 8 years, I've been with multiple banks and vendor serving different roles either in project or BAU.

• Funding Societies

Hey peeps!
    I'm Shaun and I'm currently on the CX team for FSMY. And yes, Shaun like Shaun the Sheep, if anyone knows the cartoon.

• Previously from the insurance industry, also in CS / CX side. Not an insurance agent, no worries.
    • Used to dabble in equities and indices trading, more of indices though. Current investment profile consists of Unit Trust and P2P.
    • I like people watching and reading! If i have free time during weekends, just a walk around town would do me some good. Last book i read was by Dan Ariely, Upside of Irrationality (this was quite long ago). :)

• Hi everyone!

Faris here from Malaysia, and I'm currently working in one of the investment management companies in my locality.

I've been hearing about crowdfunding for the past two years but had only taken the initiative to put my money in in August 2018. Now I'm shifting my personal portfolio of investments so that debt crowdfunding constitutes about 20% of it, and it might grow to a larger percentage.

The main reason for the shift is that, based on my observation for more than a year, most debt crowdfunding platforms in Malaysia provide risk-adjusted returns (after adjustment for credit default risk) well above the other asset classes. Being a Bumiputra here in Malaysia and a risk-averse investor, my risk tolerance is relatively low considering my relatively high opportunity cost. Capital-guaranteed (by the government) investment opportunities that are present for the Bumiputras here provide return profiles well above the quintessential risk-free investments fixed deposits and government bonds are normally associated with. So technically, my definition of risk-free rate of return is well above the FD rate and even the MGS yield here in Malaysia. But I notice that, despite this high opportunity cost, debt crowdfunding offers me an opportunity to grow my investment portfolio at a faster rate, while still keeping the downside risk in check. On top of that, with the absence of market risk, I do not have to worry about the short-term volatility of my investment portfolio in this particular asset class. It is something that I think can run on autopilot given that I properly set my risk tolerance and investment return target on such platforms.

Hope to learn a lot more about crowdfunding from the community here. Thank you.

• Funding Societies

@faris-jamal Hey Faris! :)

• Community Manager

@faris-jamal Welcome for the third time! 🎉

Interesting perspectives from you. Which city are you based in!

Ah, 20% in 2 months. That's a big move :) Can definitely understand where you're coming from, really astute analysis there. Have observed that quite a number of investors are similarly letting their P2P investments run autopilot whenever they can too.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and hope to learn much more from you as well. 😃

• @shaun said in Introduce Yourself:

@faris-jamal Hey Faris! :)

Hey Shaun! Glad to meet you here, after you have helped me resolve my issues on the FS MY platform for umpteen times :)

@kaeley-wn said in Introduce Yourself:

@faris-jamal Welcome for the third time! 🎉

Interesting perspectives from you. Which city are you based in!

Ah, 20% in 2 months. That's a big move :) Can definitely understand where you're coming from, really astute analysis there. Have observed that quite a number of investors are similarly letting their P2P investments run autopilot whenever they can too.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and hope to learn much more from you as well. 😃

Somewhere not too far from Kuala Lumpur, but I'm working here in the city centre.

Well, the goal is 20% and I'm moving towards there. Have my fair share of investments in other P2P platforms as well other than FS MY as my second layer of diversification strategy. But in all honesty, I still would not put P2P financing as my core investment given its nature of risk, and its assurance. Furthermore, given the local regulator's recent initiative to facilitate fixed income investments (listed bonds & sukuk) among retail investors, it will add direct investment into these securities as another investable asset class for us here, which is positive for diversification purposes. :)

• Hey everyone!

My name is Abhishek. I'm currently pursuing my MBA in General Management at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and just joined Funding Societies today as a Product Intern.
    Looking forward to learning more about the intriguing field of crowdfunding and alternative investing from this forum!

Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Crowdfund Talks | A Community for P2P Lending & Alternative Investments was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.